Fantastic opportunity for Speech Language Pathologist at a Skilled Nursing in Hornell, NY. Be a part of a growing, patient-centered team. This facility provides a more comforting and rewarding quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Our specially trained staff members utilize proven techniques for understanding, communicating and interacting with memory-impaired individuals. It all happens within a uniquely designed, secure unit that promotes freedom in a safe environment.
Location: Hornell, New York
Monday - Friday Days
Full Time - 36 hrs per week
Direct Hire with full benefits
Speech-Language Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by making recommendations for a speech-language therapy treatment plan, if necessary, and carrying out treatments as planned; conducting an audiometric screening of resident upon request and making recommendations for further audiology service. This position ensures that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
1. Screens resident for communication problem upon request; conducts an in-depth evaluation and makes written recommendations for a therapy plan of care, if necessary and upon request.
2. Coordinates audiometric screening test for resident and makes referrals for further audiology evaluations, or treatments if necessary.
3. Initiates speech-language therapy plan of care according to physician orders; and maintains required contact with the physician during the therapy program of resident.
4. Observes rights of residents and treats residents with respect and kindness.
5. Maintains written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in a speech-language treatment program.
6. Confers with other staff regarding special needs of residents and integrates speech-language treatment program with goals and approaches of other disciplines.
7. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan Review meetings for residents currently in a speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintains records that include statistical reports about resident, in-service education information, budget information and a material/equipment inventory.
9. Submits statistical reports to the Business Office staff for Medicare billing payments, and completes assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training.
11.Participates in developing and conducting in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Reviews written speech-language policies and procedures annually and makes necessary revisions.
13. Maintains costs of program within the parameters of the annual budget.
14. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and practices required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
ABOUT THE AREA:
Hornell is a City located in Steuben County. It is a small town environment with city conveniences. You can never tire of the 4 changes of seasons.
The nearby Finger Lakes provide many recreational and nature activities. Two state parks and four county parks just a short distance away. There is always something to do- boating, fishing, kayaking, hiking, skiing, wine tours, shopping, and restaurants.
Alfred University is close by and offers vocational and occupational education programs at the Wildwood campus.
45 min to corning
30 min to watkins Glen
1 hour to Rochester