Registered Nurse / RN Weekends - Hospice
Work 30 hours per week and get paid for 40 hours!
Nurse works (2) 10 hour weekend shifts and (1) 10 hour shirt during week and get paid for 40 hours a week.
Direct hire - with full benefits
Territory: Monroe County
This position is responsible for direct nursing care. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of nursing care. This RN may also serve as the case manager, which involves the identification of appropriate services, supervision of home health aide staff and ongoing review and evaluation of the utilization of services.
- Systematically and continuously collects and documents opening and/or revisit assessment data regarding the patient and family needs.
- Identifies and prioritizes health problems based on assessments.
- Develops, implements and evaluates multidisciplinary goal directed intervention plans based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
- Manages and coordinates patient care in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate home care services and community support. RN's may be assigned as primary nurses with responsibility for all case coordination of patients requiring any other type of care upon approval.
- Assesses the need for home health aide services, establishes the aide activity sheet, supervises and evaluates the aide in the performance of his/her patient care duties.
- Communicates all changes in patient status and/or service needs to the appropriate health team member and ensures appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of patient discharge plans.
- Documents all patient care and coordinating activities in a timely fashion.
- Practices according to agency and community standards.
- Participates in quality assurance activities as requested.
- Attends required staff meetings, in-services and/or supervisory conferences when requested.
- Participates in on-call schedule and weekend/holiday schedules as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and valid NYS registered nursing license required.
- A minimum of 1 year recent acute care experience preferred.
- IV/Infusion skills may be required.
- Specialized clinical experience and skills may be required for certain team positions.
- Must demonstrate solid interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, including but not limited to the ability to navigate on a personal computer within a Windows based operating environment; the ability to access and create basic e-mail messages; and the ability to open, edit, and save basic electronic documents if necessary.
- With training provided, must demonstrate the ability to learn and utilize new systems, computer applications and operating environments as necessary.
- Must have ability to travel.