DIRECT HIRE POSITION
Physical Therapist - Adults -
Population: Developmental Disabilities
Monday through Friday; Hours: 8am to 4PM , NO weekends, NO holidays, NO evenings. 35 to 40 hours per week
It is a hands on position and would be working with another Physical Therapist between Seneca County and Ontario County.
Clients are there from about 9:00 am to 2:15pm
The individuals don't live there, they come into the site on a daily basis for services.
Additionally, there is an Outpatient Clinic site in Waterloo.
There are currently 50 appointments per week between the 2 sites. All treatment plans are current.
- Provides physical therapeutic services for the purpose of enhancing quality of life and integration into the community for people with disabilities.
- Providing individuals physical therapy sessions including gross motor exercise programs, training, and monitoring use of ambulation aids, braces, prosthetics, wheelchairs, etc.
- Provides full range evaluations including range of motion, gross motor, ambulation, braces, shoes, accessibility, post-trauma, post-surgery and post amputation.
- Interacts with treatment team to provide necessary information to primary physician, other medical or mental health providers, parents/guardians or residential staff.
- Will provide ambulation transfer guidelines as needed for the day program and occasionally the individuals' residence.
- Keeps accurate documentation in personal records, diagnostic assessment reports, individual plans of treatment and ongoing treatment notes regarding recommended service.
- Provide training to staff as requested.